Before the Job Fair:
- Set up your profile (customize with a professional photo and at least one resume).
- Watch the Tutorial videos or attend a live training Q&A.
- Bookmark the login page for easy access to your account.
- Visit Employer booths on the preview day, research participating companies and their openings.
- Make sure to avoid EXTERNAL DISTRACTIONS & TECHNICAL DIFFICULTIES during the job fair.
- Prepare a short personalize introduction to describe your relevant skills and experience and let the employers know why you would be a good fit for their position(s).
Remember, on the day of the Job Fair, those recruiters are there just for you! Be prepared.
Make a Good First Impression
- Be friendly and responsive, participate in conversations within the chat and ask relevant questions.
- Wear business attire that is professional, clean, wrinkle-free, and well-fitting. Be prepared to accept an invitation to connect on camera. Dressing for the job you’re targeting is highly essential, even if you’re connecting with hiring managers from across the screen.
- Utilize the chat feature to connect with hiring managers so you stand out from other applicants.