Do I need to register for the job fair?
Yes, registration is required to access this event.
How do I register?Register Now
Where do I login on the day of the job fair?Login Now
Are there any resources available to help with resume writing, interview preparation, or career advice?
Contact your local America’s Job Center (Local Help | CareerOneStop) to ask for help. Services vary by area.
Sacramento County Residents: Sacramento Works Job Center List
Yolo County Residents: YoloWorks Career Center Services
How does the virtual event work?
You may find this training video helpful if you are new to Premier Virtual or would like a refresher. Early It is important to set up your Access begins October 10th at 10:00 am which means you have access to the job fair lobby at that time. Once in the lobby, you will find categories to help search for job openings look for the categories that interest you then click to see a list of companies with openings in that category. Another way to preview open positions is to click on the name/logo & enter their specific hiring booth. From here you will be able to easily research each company. Look at their "About Us" section and job openings. You can also, submit your uploaded resume, and view any custom links they provide.
- Complete your profile, the registration wizard will help you complete most of the steps, but you may need to go back into your profile to add a brief bio and your skills categories. It’s important to select at least your top 10 skills so that employers can find you and ask to speak with you, making your job search even easier.
- Use the Early Access time to research each company and make a plan to chat with hiring managers during the LIVE Virtual Job Fair on Thursday, October 12th from 10 AM- 1 PM.
- During the LIVE Virtual Job Fair, make a good first impression by being friendly and responsive. Participate actively and professionally with employers in the chat, and ask relevant questions about their job openings, application process & the organization as a whole.
- Make sure to use the notes section at the bottom of each booth to recap your time with the recruiters so you can do a proper follow-up with each one, no one has access to what you write here except you.
Do I still need to dress professionally for the virtual job fair?
Yes, hiring managers will have the option to ask you for an on-the-spot video interview so it is best to be ready for that by dressing professionally.
Who are the participating employers & companies?
List Coming Soon.
What positions are available at the job fair?
A variety of employers attend the job fair each year and represent industries including manufacturing, healthcare, financial services, retail, hospitality as well as others. Positions can include anything from entry-level to mid-level management to executive.
Where is the In-Person Job Fair on Wednesday, October 18th, from 11 AM-2 PM?
We will be at Jessup University in the Warrior Arena, located at 2121 University Ave, Rocklin, CA 95765. (Just off HWY 65 at Sunset Blvd.)
Is there parking available for the In-person Job Fair?
Parking is free! Enter the parking lot off University Ave. Our parking team will be there to provide parking directions! Look for the job fair signs to help direct you to the main entrance to Warrior Arena.
What should I bring to the in-person job fair?
While not required, it is highly encouraged that you bring:
- Plenty of copies of your resume (targeted resumes encouraged)
- Notepad and pen or notes app on your phone to assist with following up after the job fair. You can also do this through your job fair profile on Premier Virtual.
- A brief and practiced introduction or elevator speech
- Prepared questions for the hiring managers
- A small bag or envelope for collected materials and/or business cards
How do I receive updates or notifications about this job fair?
By pre-registering, you will receive helpful reminders and notifications prior to both the virtual and in-person job fairs.Register Now
Who can I ask for help if I can’t login?
Email Sara from Golden Sierra Job Training Agency at email@example.com or call 916-530-9518.
Will water be provided?
There is a drinking fountain onsite with bottle-filling capabilities, we encourage you to bring a refillable water bottle.